Cement and Concrete Laboratory
Cement, lime, pozzolanas, bricks, stones, rock cores, aggregates, steel cast iron, rocker and roller bearing etc. are tested in cement concrete laboratory for determining their suitability.
Concrete mixes conforming to the specific requirements have been designed for many projects including Ramganga, Yamuna Hydel Scheme, Western Gandak Canal, Narora Barrage, Obra, Panki and Harduaganj projects. Other studies worth mentioning are use of Surkhi as pozzolana in reinforced concrete, use of flyash from Delhi and Harduaganj thermal power stations as pozzolana in precast concrete blocks, in situ tests for the determination of deformation and strength characteristics of rocks of Yamuna Hydel Scheme. In rollar compacted concrete laboratory, the studies were carried out for the design of roller compacted concrete mix for proposed Jamrani Dam.
Cement and Concrete
- Design of concrete mixes including mass concrete, high performance concrete and fibre-reinforced concrete for construction of civil engineering structures.
- Test for green and hardened concrete i.e. compressive strength, transverse strength, unit weight, slump test and abrasion test etc.
- Design of Roller Compacted Concrete (RCC) for construction of dams.
- Non-Destructive Test of cement concrete.
- Calibration of compression testing machine (capacity up to 50T).
- Laboratory tests for determining the physical properties of different types of construction materials as given below:
(a) Tests for Coarse and Fine aggregate i.e. sieve analysis, silt content (material finer than 75 micron), flakiness index, elongation index, specific gravity, water absorption, abrasion value, crushing value, impact value and soundness etc.
(b) Tests for bricks/brick tiles i.e. compressive strength, transverse strength, water absorption etc.
(c) Ultimate tensile strength test for steel bars & welded joints upto 25mm diameter.
(d) Tests for cement i.e. standard consistency, setting time, soundness, fineness, specific gravity, compressive strength etc.