Consultancy Areas ( IRI )
The IRI has facilities to undertake Research and Development activities related to hydropower and water resources projects in the following major areas:
Evolving efficient and economical hydraulic design for various engineering works viz.
- Canal Structures - Head Regulators, Falls, Silt Ejector and Excluders,Cross Drainage Works.
- Siting of Bridges, Barrages and Weirs.
- Intake Structures, Water Conductor System, Surge Tanks, Spillways and Energy dissipation device.
- Desilting Chambers.
- River Training, Flood Protection and Anti-erosion Measures.
Economical design of Concrete Mixes using Flyash and Superplasticizers, Roller Compacted Concrete
Ground Water Development
- Conjunctive Use of Subsurface and Surface Water and Water Logging
- Suitability for Canal Linings, Seepage from Canals, Tubewell
- Stability due to Sub-surface flow, Water Suitability
- Studies for Regeneration/Seepage of Water from Perennial Rivers
- Determination of Geohydrological Parameter by Radio Active Tracer Technique.
- Sub-surface flow,Surface flow
- Hydraulic Structures
- Hydrographic Survey of Reservoirs
- Sedimentation and Sediment Transport at Intakes, Reservoirs and Channels.
Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in Water Resources Development